King Edward VI School is committed to being the school of choice for the most able students in our locality by developing and maintaining an educational community in which we:
- provide the context to allow all individuals to achieve success in all aspects of school life;
- create a safe and secure environment in which self-confidence, respect for oneself and for others is valued;
- encourage each individual to fulfil their academic potential by placing particular emphasis on challenge, teamwork, independence, creativity and enjoyment;
- appreciate the value of extra-curricular activities and encourage – equally - wide participation and excellence;
- use open lines of communication and engagement across all interested parties to ensure we are a self-evaluative school, which constantly looks to improve.
We seek to prepare our students for rewarding lives, aware of their obligation to serve the local, national and international communities in a fast changing world, and to inculcate in them a sense of pride in the unique character of Shakespeare’s School.